Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Poppies

One of my favorite views from the highways of the Balkans are the poppies that grow wild all over the place. They brighten my mood and feel like a bit of hope on an otherwise dusty shoulder. I think the American VFW recognizes the simplicity of their beauty, as well. And the fact that they can grow in what seems to be infertile land. I bought one of their poppies a few months ago. The seeds of freedom are just as hopeful and definitely as prolific as the poppy. 


1 comment:

  1. I love poppies as well! I drive by them all the time in my neighborhood. I actually remember getting my first driving lesson and being distracted by flowers on the side of the road. I've learned how to appreciate the flowers and stay focused at the same time now, thankfully! Thank you for sharing!

    Rosie | http://coachdrivered.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for sharing your story with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...