Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dear Local Memorials Company,

The other day when I drove by your store front, your sign caught my eye. It read,

  TXT N DRIVE
WE CANT WAIT

Seeing as you are in the business of making grave markers and monuments, I actually got a good laugh after reading your sign. Was it a little tacky? Yes. But, was it still funny? Absolutely. I have probably driven past your business hundreds of times and never even noticed that you were there until I read that sign.

I thought that a picture of your sign would make a great blog post, so I drove over to your business the other day to get a picture. I was slightly disappointed to see that you had changed your sign to this:



It seems that you have decided to drop the sarcasm and be a little more genuine and sensitive. I already know not to text and drive. I like the old sign better.


Sincerely,

Ammused by your old sign, not so much by your new one

2 comments:

  1. Aww. I liked the old version better, too. FYI: this is a fantastic company which does great work. They did the headstone for my son. I'm glad he didn't die because of a texter...if he had, I probably wouldn't have found the first version nearly as funny.

    Did you hear about the new cemetery in town? People are just dying to get in there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for sharing your story with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...